Heron Arms, Stowbridge

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (14 reviews)
The Heron Arms is a large pub in the middle of the Fens, with a style of decor which appears to date from somewhere around the late 70s or early 80s. The main room is a dark affair, with heavy carpets, frequented by a group of regulars having a chat with the owners. Once we negotiated the pub dog blocking the door, and we found another, brighter room, with a graffiti riddled 'proof of age poster' and a serviceable pool table. We also spied at the back what looked like a large restaurant section, but we preferred to spend our time in the grassed back garden with views of the Cut Off Channel from the Great River Ouse (which is prettier than it sounds) and two curious sheep. However, with no worthwhile ales on tap and perfunctory service we didn't hang around beyond a game or two of pool. This is close to being a cracking pub, but it missed the mark on almost every score, so an average two pint rating it shall receive.
01 Jun 2013
Friendly pub that does reasonably priced 2 course lunches monday to friday inclusive for the over 55`s
well worth a visit.
01 Jun 2013
Really friendly Pub which does 2 course lunches at a reasonable for the over 55`s monday to friday inclusive.
13 Apr 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't want a White Dress?
13 Apr 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't want a White Dress?
12 Apr 2013
12 Apr 2013
10 Apr 2013
When to start wedding dress shopping
06 Apr 2013
06 Apr 2013
05 Apr 2013
29 Oct 2012
my wife and i were holidaying at woodlakes and used the Herons faclilties most evenings.
We found the staff and the locals very friendly. the food was excellent, especially the steak night (wednesday & Thursday nights)great value. The mussels were out of this world.
The selection and choice of beers was first class.Real Ales on tap while we were there Directors, London Pride and Green King IPA were top notch.
Back there next April looking forward to it. Terry "B"
26 Feb 2012
A very old previous farmhouse now a gorgeous friendly welcoming pub.... Real ales always on tap and always well looked after.... A great selection of food at great rates very good servings
A pleasure to visit with friendly owners and staff and always expect a warm welcome....
I cannot understand anyone saying a bad word against this pub it is an all round good place
13 Feb 2012
good real ale on tap. food fantastic really good helpings .nice and warm . nice people and nice prices. well worth a look

The Causeway, Stowbridge, Stowbridge, Norfolk, PE34 3PP