Board Inn, Whitby

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
A pleasant, relatively affluent coastal town near the North Yorkshire Moors, Whitby has one of the highest concentrations of pubs per square mile we've ever seen. The Board Inn is in the town centre, on the right bank of the River Esk. It's a fairly run-of-the-mill place, quite old-fashioned with a sliding front door. It does enjoy a fine view out onto the harbour from the small beer garden at the back, however. It's a pretty relaxed place, where locals and tourists mix freely. Worth popping into if walking by, although we suspect (from outward appearances, at least) that there are more impressive pubs to be seen in the town.
07 Jul 2010
My wife were in The Board Inn over the weekend. Pub needs a good clean and some redecoration. We had the Cajun Chicken, when it arrived the chips were cold. I told the waitress who went to fetch moew chips. In the meantime we started eating the rest of the meal. Peas were horrible, cheap tinned variety. The salad had obviously sat on a worktop for a while, dried cucumber dried up, warm chunks of onion. The chicken seemed OK - until my wife cut another bit off to reveal RAW chicken. That was it, enough was enough - got my money back and went. We will NOT be going in there again.

Church Street, Whitby, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO22 4DE