Halcyon, Peterborough

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
This is a Cask Marque approved pub, which means you can be assured you'll be served an excellent pint!

We'll be sending one of our reviewers along very soon to review the pub for Fancyapint.com. In the meantime why not give us your feedback and write your own review?

Become a reviewer - if this is a pub you already know or you've recently visited here for a few beers, post your comments and tell the other fancyapint.com users what it's like to drink here. Just click the 'Add your own review' link on this page to get started.

Landlord's and managers - let the thousands of fancyapint.com site visitors know what's on offer at your pub. If this is your pub or you run it, why not claim this pub's listing - it's FREE! Click the 'Claim this listing' link in this review page and once claimed, you can post your own full pub profile, photos, menus and event listings
12 Sep 2012
Only commenting on the ale, being its a Green King pub there was only their beers on Abbott, IPA and Old Speckled hen. I was there with my son, we're both regular ale drinkers and CAMERA members and believe we know a decent pint. We visited The Halcyon on a Saturday evening around 9pm to see a local band that was playing, I noticed the pump drip trays were dry so wondered if they had been serving any ales that evening, looking around the bar area I couldn't see anyone drinking ales, seemed like larger drinkers generally. We ordered a speckled hen and a IPA neither was very good at all at best 5/10 and that's being generous. Second drink my son had a Guinness and I had a soft drink, would have ales if they were drinkable. Guinness was ok btw. Would never go there just for a pint.

Atherstone Road, Peterborough, Peterborough, Northamptonshire, PE3 9TT